Coaching Children and Young People – British Aikido Board Online Learning Coaching Level 2 Unit
Version March 2023
Coaching Children and Young People 2023
A Guide to Coaching Children and Young People.
Copyright for all materials in whatsoever form published or distributed by the British Aikido Board (The BAB) belongs to The BAB or to the author of the materials where the author is specified. Training materials may be reproduced by other persons for the purpose of training on a not-for-profit basis only provided authorship is acknowledged and permission obtained. Training materials must not be otherwise reproduced except with permission.
As you complete each section and lesson after viewing and understanding the information provided, mark the lesson and quizzes as complete, otherwise you will not be able to complete the course and receive your certificate.
Please ensure you leave the certificate page open for 2 minutes at least when your certificate is being created. Also, after downloading the certificate please send a copy to Grev Cooke firstname.lastname@example.org so your Coaching Records are updated in the main BAB coaching system.
What Will You Learn?
- Coaching children and young people can be very different to coaching adults.
- By the end of this course you should be able to have an understanding of the following.
- Describe how children change physically during growth.
- Understand the differences between psychological, social, physical and legal age.
- Explain how children respond to exercise.
- Explain how children acquire skills, including learning styles and coaching styles.
- Understand children’s motives for participation in aikido.
- Adapt aikido sessions to meet children’s individual needs.
- Understand duty of care and child welfare issues, including behaviour management.
How to complete this course00:17